November 2, 2008

Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip

Anything with cheese is good in my book.  I also love a good dip for tortilla chips and I wanted something new to try.  This comes from the Kraft website and I know I will be making this again.  The next time, I will probably keep it in the crock pot so it stays warm, gooey and easy to slop on tortilla chips!

It makes a lot, but would be easy to half it.

1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
1 lb. Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed (I used fat free)
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies, un-drained
8 slices bacon, crispy cooked, drained and crumbled (I used only 4)

Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.  

Microwave on high for 5 mins or until Velveeta is completely melted and the mixture is well blended.  Stir about half-way through to help this process along.  

Serve with tortilla chips or veggies.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails