December 8, 2010

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.

I don't sing, (outside the privacy of my own car or a kareoke bar in Asia after a few Tiger beers or sake bombs) but I do like to spread cheer putting up Christmas lights outside!  I was able to get them up on a warm-ish November day and I am glad I did before the super cold arrived!

A new house, a new challenge with lights.  There is no outside plug, so I had to run a long extension cord from the side of the house to the front.  It is bright orange for now (since that is what we had), but I would like to look for a green one if I can snag it post-holiday for 50% off.

The set of two pre-lit trees I got at Target around mid November.  I saw in the weekly ad that they were on sale for $30 for the set and Steve had gotten a $5 gift card for buying body wash or something, so I got my two cute little trees for $25!  We placed them in my planter pots with dirt because I learned early on, they blow over really easily with the wind.  I had purchased some "old fashioned" bulb lights last year (you know, the orange, white, red, blue, green big glass bulb ones?  I love them because they take me back to our Christmas lights as a kid) and put those on our little holly bushes.

Looks pretty cute if I do say so!  In fact, our neighbors directly across the street must have thought so too because they bought the same pre-lit trees and put them on either side of their door last week!


Because I had the extra strands of lights and I thought it would be fun, I decorated two of our larger bushes in our backyard.  It is nice to look out and see some Christmas cheer as we sit in the family room every night.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails