June 1, 2010

Sherry Wine Sauce Chicken

A few of the girls on the Detroit Nest board were talking about a recipe very similar to this one and I thought it sounded pretty good.  However, I am a big recipe follower, I can't "wing it" with measurements like some people, so I searched around until I found a recipe that sounded similar that I could follow!

I modified this recipe from All Recipes.  It originally served 6, I made it for just 2.  We really liked this dish.  It had a lot of flavor and was kind of rich! I served it with rice and a side salad with our spinach from Door to Door Organics delivery.

This is my version for 2, not 6.  This was so easy.  You just mix it all together and bake!



2/3 can cream of chicken soup (I used cream of chicken with herbs because I had it on hand)
2/3 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Healthy Request)
1/3 cup cream of sherry
1/3 of a 16 oz. container of sour cream (I used reduced fat)
2 boneless chicken breasts
4 oz can sliced mushrooms (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.
In a 8x8 dish, mix together all the ingredients.  Immerse the chicken in the mixture.  Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.  Ours took around 50 minutes. 
Serve over rice.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails