I was also able to use the "Delay, Bake & Hold" function on the oven so we could have breakfast ready for us when we came home from Christmas morning mass with the Griffiths side of the family.
8 strips of bacon
1/4 cup crushed cornflakes
5 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 green onion, sliced (next time, I might add another stalk or two for more flavor)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- Cook the bacon as you normally would. Reserve around 2 Tbsp drippings. (Steve and I love cooking it in our oven since that is what all the Food Network chefs do. :) ), crumble or cut into small pieces.
- Pour the bacon drippings into a small bowl with the crushed cornflakes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in hash browns.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cut up bacon and cornflake/dripping mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning, remove from the fridge and set out for 30 minutes before baking.
Preheat oven to 325.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.