August 17, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

I had bought some sweet potatoes at Trader Joe's this week and I was anxious to try them out. I knew I wanted to make some fries out of them and I will be attempting them mashed this weekend or next week.

I found this recipe on All Recipes and again, was very happy we had everything in the house! Based on some of the comments su
ggested by others on the site, I omitted the microwave with water part so they wouldn't get soggy.

(I had to put a picture of the potatoes while I was prepping. I just loved the color of the fries with the bowl and my spatula. :) )

I didn't follow the measurements on seasonings exactly. I kind of eye-balled it to taste and they were yummy! We gobbled them right up with our brats!

4 sweet potatoes cut into large French Fries (I used 3 small/medium ones and it was perfect for the 2 of us)
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper
pinch of salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of Olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss cut potatoes with Italian seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, salt and pepper and olive oil.
3. Arrange fries on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, turning once, or until fries are crispy on the outside.

Finished product! So good with ranch...:)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails