August 13, 2009

Campfire Potatoes

My very kind and generous co-worker gave us some fresh potatoes and onions from her garden, so we wanted to make something with them to compliment our steaks we were grilling that night.  I remember my mom always making some potatoes on the grill that were wrapped in foil and delicious, so I tried to find my own version.

I found this recipe on AllRecipes and liked that I actually had everything in the house!   And you don't need a campfire...just a grill.  Oh, and it was delicious and very flavorful.  Next time I make it, I will add the cheese on at the end so it doesn't bake into the foil like it did this time. 



I altered this to make a smaller serving size on the website...here is the original.

5 potatoes thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
6 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/3 cups cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chicken broth

1. Preheat an outdoor grill
2. On a piece of heavy aluminum foil, appx. 20x20 inches, places the potatoes and onion.  Dot with butter.
3. In a medium bowl, mix cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.  Sprinkle mixture over the potatoes.
4. Fold edges of foil.  Cover potatoes with chicken broth.
5. Seal foil tightly and place on prepared grill.  Cook 35-40 minutes over medium heat.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails