August 16, 2009

Pretzel Jello

I have made this recipe, which I got from a fellow Detroit Knottie's food blog, twice now, both with rave reviews!  It is so easy and I think a great summer dessert dish.  Unfortunately, I do not have pictures as the finished product is always consumed somewhere I don't have my camera with me!

2 cups coarsely chopped pretzels (I use the stick kind)
3/4 cup melted butter
3 Tablespoons of Sugar plus 1 Cup
1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
1 small carton of Cool Whip, thawed
2 6 oz. boxes of Raspberry Jell-O
2 10 oz. packages of frozen raspberries
2 cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix pretzels, butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar and press into a 9x13 inch pan.  Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.  Let cool completely.

Beat cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar together until creamy.  Add Cool whip and blend into all mixed together.  Spread on cooled pretzel crust.

Mix together Jell-O and water.  Add frozen raspberries until slightly jelled.  Spread on cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until set.

1 comment:

Mrs.CFH2 said...

Oh, if you think it's a good summer dessert- try it at T-Giving! It pairs so nicely with a good turkey dinner. Glad you like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails