I got this recipe from a fellow Knotties blog...her dog Vernon gave his "woof"of approval and so did Olive and Dexter last night! I was going to get a bit concerned if even our dogs didn't eat my baking!
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flours and baking powder in large bowl.
- Mix milk and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth (I used my mixer with the paddle attachment)
- Gradually stir flour mixture into wet ingredients
- Knead dough by hand, adding small amounts of milk if the dough is too dry. (I used the dough hook attachment on my mixer)
- Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface to about 1/8 - 1/4", and cut into shapes with desired cookie cutters
- Bake on cookie sheet for around 12-15 minutes (ours took around 13-14 minutes), the consistency when done is a cross between a cookie and a biscuit.
They do not rise a lot during baking, so you can place them fairly close together on the cookie sheet.