January 1, 2009

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

When I first got my Kitchen Aid mixer a few days ago, I was so excited to think about all the sweet treats I could make in it.  What would be first?  Brownies?  Coconut cupcakes?  Scones?  Then I started thinking about the wedding dress I need to fit in for the fast approaching date of May 9!  I opted to make treats for our 2 weiner dogs instead.

I got this recipe from a fellow Knotties blog...her dog Vernon gave his "woof"of approval and so did Olive and Dexter last night!  I was going to get a bit concerned if even our dogs didn't eat my baking!

1 1/4 cup of milk
1 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tablespoon baking powder

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Combine flours and baking powder in large bowl.
  3. Mix milk and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth (I used my mixer with the paddle attachment)
  4. Gradually stir flour mixture into wet ingredients
  5. Knead dough by hand, adding small amounts of milk if the dough is too dry.  (I used the dough hook attachment on my mixer)
  6. Roll out dough onto lightly floured surface to about 1/8 - 1/4", and cut into shapes with desired  cookie cutters
  7. Bake on cookie sheet for around 12-15 minutes (ours took around 13-14 minutes), the consistency when done is a cross between a cookie and a biscuit.
They do not rise a lot during baking, so you can place them fairly close together on the cookie sheet.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails