1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 green onions, chopped
3 ounces goat cheese, cut in small pieces (we could only find the Provencal flavor goat cheese crumbles and it really added some great flavor)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add cream to a small pot with the garlic and bring to a simmer
- Turn off the heat and let the cream infuse and cool for about 15 minutes
- Toss the cauliflower, Monterey Jack, Parmesan, green onion and lemon zest in a shallow casserole dish (I used a 9x13 because that is all we had)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Strain the cream over the cauliflower and top with the pieces of goat cheese. Add another grind or two of pepper to the top.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and the sauce has thickened slightly and become golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.